Our work is fast-paced and entrepreneurial and our team believes that each person on staff plays a key role in achieving our mission. This orientation builds trust and facilitates the necessary collaboration to be responsive to the movement, while continuing to build a sustainable institution capable of scaling the movement.
Medical, dental, and vision
With up to a 3% employer contribution match
Vacation, sick days, public holidays, and team-wide wellness days
Maternity, paternity, and adoption
Offered after 4 years on our team
In-person and online courses, trainings, and workshops
In-person retreats 2x a year help maintain a strong culture amongst team members
Every quarter, employees have the option to work remotely from any location for a week
Where are you located?
Unite America is headquartered in Denver, CO. We are a hybrid company with full-time remote and hybrid employees. If all else were equal, we would have employees in and working from Denver; however, we recognize that strong talent lives nationwide. We continue to recruit and retain the best talent; therefore, we are open to employees living across the country and working remotely. Unite America offers a stipend for new hires willing to relocate to Denver.
What is your work environment like?
- Unite America has an office located in the heart of downtown Denver. Employees work from the office 3 days per week and from home 2 days per week. All local employees are required to work in-office on Tuesdays, and Unite America provides lunch each Tuesday.
- Remote employees also receive this benefit by expensing the cost of their lunch on Tuesdays.
- We value a culture of celebration and acknowledge our colleague's birthdays, anniversaries, and exceptional performances.
- Unite America values in-person collaboration, so we make time for two in-person staff retreats throughout the year.
- Remote employees have the opportunity to come together in person with their team.
- Unite America employees are located across time zones. We do not mandate set working hours; however, we expect employees to communicate and collaborate with their colleagues.
What is your stance on Work-Life Balance?
We work hard to save our nation’s democracy and care about our staff's mental health and well-being. That’s why we’ve implemented an unlimited PTO policy and additional time off, including paid holidays and wellness days. Our staff is encouraged to use this time and the flexibility we provide to manage their schedules in a way that works for them.
What does diversity, equity, and inclusion look like at Unite America?
We actively promote inclusivity through open and rigorous dialogue, active listening, and meaningful opportunities for engagement. We encourage collaboration and seek partnerships with individuals, organizations, and communities that share our commitment to cross-partisan work and advancing reforms that drive towards a more representative political system. And, we recognize that as an organization we are on a continuous journey towards achieving equity, which requires active engagement and a collective commitment to the work. We are dedicated to holding ourselves accountable, regularly reviewing our progress, and making necessary adjustments to advance our DEI goals. We strive to create a more just and equitable society for all by embracing diversity, fostering equity, and promoting inclusion.
How does Unite America promote professional development?
- We promote growth opportunities. Unite America has a professional development fund for staff to utilize to enhance their skills. We also do organization-wide training in management, DEI, organizational skills, and more.
- Each staff member is allocated an annual stipend to promote their professional development goals. Staff members will work with their direct manager on developing a plan to execute these goals and will have their progress tracked throughout the development period.
- Professional development goals factor into each employee's performance evaluation when assessing the opportunity for a promotion or raise.