Virginia Political Associate
Unite Virginia seeks part time and full time associates to build and launch a new and innovative political organization. Program associates will be charged with building the independent movement in Virginia, including identifying and engaging potential candidates, researching potential investors and engaging grassroots leaders.
Unite Virginia aims to bridge the growing partisan divide in Richmond by electing common sense, independent candidates to the state legislature in 2019. A part of the Unite America movement, Unite Virginia will recruit and train prospective candidates in 2018 while building the infrastructure -- including campaign talent, voter data, volunteer networks and donor communities -- to level the playing field with the two major parties.
We accept applications for our associate program on a rolling basis. The program can be organized remotely at your college or university. Stipends may be available for qualified applicants. To apply, please send a resume & cover letter with the subject line of the role you are applying to email@example.com.
- Detail oriented
- Creative and outside-the-box thinking
- Willingness to inject new ideas, not just execute old ones
- A strong desire to transform a broken political system
- Based in Virginia
- Identifying potential donors who may be interested in investing in our growing movement
- Identifying and evaluating potential independent candidates and target districts
- Researching existing and prospective donors, including their giving history, interests, and potential
- Providing administrative and logistical support for events across the state
- Researching state or municipal policy issues; producing memos to staff members & interested parties
- Contacting organization supporters & volunteers to mobilize support for independent candidates
- Assist with field activities in target districts as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested associates should apply at: uniteamerica.org/apply