Bookkeeper (Part Time)
Unite America seeks a part-time Bookkeeper. The Bookkeeper is responsible for recording all financial transactions in our ledger, managing our accounts payables and receivables, and producing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for senior team members.
The ideal candidate is an experienced bookkeeper who has worked with both corporations and nonprofits, is detail oriented, and is a trustworthy partner in managing a high volume of information.
The Bookkeeper will be based in either Denver, Colorado or Washington, D.C. and will report to the Operations Director.
This is a part time role currently scoped for 20 hours per week with base pay at $25/hour. Additional pay will be commensurate with experience. Further, should the candidate desire full-time employment and have hard skills and/or political experience they think could be valuable to the organization, candidates should indicate as such in their cover letters.
- Classify each expense across multiple ledgers for different organizations in the Unite America movement
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of each bank account and provide reports to senior team members
- Maintain records of all receipts, make bank deposits, and operate petty cash fund
- Set up new employees, interns, vendors and consultants on the organization’s payroll system
- Assemble information for external partners, including auditors and campaign finance compliance consultants
- Issue invoices for all clients and donors and ensure incurred bills are paid on time
- Manage cash-flow for Unite America organizations, including monitoring debt levels and accounts payable
- Collaborate with the Operations Director to streamline budgeting, accounting and reporting procedures
- Provide clerical and administrative assistance to the Operations Director
- A strong desire to fix a broken political system and passion for our cause
- At least three years of accounting bookkeeping experience
- Experience administering payroll, collecting receivables, issuing invoices and reconciling bank accounts
- Track record of conceiving, building, and scaling operational procedures, policies and workstreams
- High standard of professionalism and personal integrity
- Associate’s Degree or higher; accounting or finance education backgrounds highly desired