Unite America seeks an Operations Director. The Operations Director is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations for a high-growth and fast-paced political organization, including budget/finances, legal/compliance, hiring, and office management.
The ideal candidate should be an experienced and entrepreneurial executive capable of building and streamlining operational processes and managing complex financial systems across several legal entities. The candidate should also have a familiarity with political compliance procedures and requirements.
The Operations Director will be based in Denver, Colorado or Washington D.C. and report to the Executive Director. He or she will manage a distributed team of at least one employee and outside vendors. This is a full-time role with full benefits and a starting salary beginning at $65,000; additional pay will be commensurate with experience.
- Manage all accounting, budgeting, payroll, invoicing, A/R, and A/P for several legal entities
- Oversee corporate insurance policies, employee benefit programs, credit cards, and audit proceedings
- Liaison with board Treasurer and budget committee to align budget with organizational priorities
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports for senior staff members and board directors
- Oversee all regulatory filings, including reporting to the FEC, IRS, and Secretary of State offices
- Develop legal framework for new state organizations, in partnership with national and in-state legal counsel
- Train team members to follow all campaign finance rules, procedures and internal policies
- Lead recruitment, hiring and onboarding of Unite America staff, interns, vendors and consultants
- Administer benefit programs and work with Executive Director to manage employee incentive programs
- Collaborate with partners and candidates to help them identify talent for open roles on their teams
- Oversee office and lease administration;
- Manage Unite America’s office(s), including supplies/inventory
- Maintain liability insurances and sound risk reduction practices
- A strong desire to fix a broken political system and passion for our cause
- At least five years of professional experience, including compliance and budgeting experience
- Previous experience managing team members, preferably on campaigns and/or for political organizations
- Track record of conceiving, building, and scaling operational procedures, policies and workstreams
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and execute at a high level
- High standard of professionalism and personal integrity
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and highly demanding startup environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher; business and/or legal education highly desired