Unite America 2021: New Board Members, New Advisors
As Unite America turns the corner to 2021, we are pleased to announce the addition of five extraordinary leaders to our Board of Directors and Advisory Board.
Danielle Allen, Ron Christie, Larry Lessig, Sophia Nelson, Sam Wang bring with them decades of high level experience across academia, advocacy, media, politics, and policy. And they share a desire to unite our country and improve our political system.
Follow them and some of their recent work:
- Danielle Allen (@dsallentess) teaches at Harvard and recently co-chaired the Commission on the Practice of Democratic Citizenship, which published the “Our Common Purpose” report, which includes 31 recommendations to strengthen America’s institutions and civic culture.
- Ron Christie (@Ron_Christie) is a veteran Republican senior advisor of both the White House and the Congress and can be seen frequently on television as the North American political analyst for BBC World.
- Larry Lessig (@lessig) has been a trailblazing leader in the reform movement, most recently authoring, They Don't Represent Us: Reclaiming Our Democracy.
- Sophia Nelson (@IAmSophiaNelson) is an award-winning freelance journalist, columnist, and author of E Pluribus ONE: Reclaiming Our Founders' Vision for a United America.
- Sam Wang (@SamWangPhD) is a Princeton professor and a founder of the Electoral Innovation Lab.
Dr. Danielle Allen is a nationally renowned political theorist whose written multiple works on justice and citizenship in modern America. She is the Director of Harvard’s Edmond J Safra Center for Ethics, and currently serves as the James Bryant Conant University Professor at the school as well. She is a former Chair of the Mellon Foundation Board, past Chair of the Pulitzer Prize Board, and a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and the American Philosophical Society.
Ron Christie is a veteran political strategist, co-founder of No Labels, and a former policy advisor to Vice President Cheney and Special Assistant to President George W. Bush. Ron has served as a strategic advisor to a number of politicians on the right, including George Allen, John Kasich, and the Bush administration.
Lawrence Lessig is the Roy L. Furman Professor of Law and Leadership at Harvard Law School. He is the founder of Equal Citizens and a founding board member of Creative Commons. He is the author of multiple books, including They Don't Represent Us: Reclaiming Our Democracy (November 2019).
Sophia A. Nelson is an award-winning author, freelance journalist, senior opinion columnist, and professor of Philosophy & Religion. Her latest book is E Pluribus ONE: Reclaiming Our Founders' Vision for a United America.
Sam Wang is a professor at Princeton University, where he has taught and done research since 2000. Appointed in neuroscience, he is affiliated with the Program in Law and Public Affairs, the Center for Cognitive Science, the Program in Quantitative and Computational Biology, and the Center for Information Technology Policy. He is the author of over ninety scholarly articles spanning fields including neuroscience, autism, and election law.