For College Students & Recent Grads
Unite America is looking for bright, game-changing interns who are passionate about reforming our broken politics. We are looking for current students and recent grads to join our team:
- Fundraising Associate
- Digital Associate
- Political Associate
- Grassroots Associate
- Web Development Associate
We are currently accepting applications for Spring and Summer 2019. The program is based at our headquarters in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with remote opportunities available on a case-by-case basis. We are hiring both full-time and part-time applicants, and stipends may be available to qualified candidates who can work in our Denver office.
Ready to change American politics for good? To apply, submit your resume, a short writing sample (PDF, please!), and cover letter to email@example.com, indicating your desired position in the subject line.
- You’re committed to our mission of country over party.
- You’re politically savvy -- you’ve been paying attention.
- You’re a resourceful, independent worker -- you can really own and execute a project in a start-up environment.
- You’re a creative, outside-the-box thinker -- you bring a unique perspective and ideas.
- You’re a hardworking and dedicated individual -- you take pride in what you do.
- Identify potential donors who may be interested in investing in our growing movement
- Research existing and prospective donors, including their giving history, interests, and potential
- Provide administrative and logistical support for fundraising events all across the country
Fundraising associates should have an interest in political or nonprofit development and a track record of strong project management and execution. Applicants with event planning or fundraising experience strongly considered.
- Draft daily content for all social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Engage volunteer digital ambassadors to amplify our message
- Design digital content, including photos, videos, press releases and/or reports
Digital associates should have demonstrated experience in digital marketing, content creation, writing (preferably politically-oriented), and/or social media.
- Identify and evaluate potential candidates and target districts
- Research state or municipal policy issues; produce memos to staff members & interested parties
- Contact organization supporters & volunteers to mobilize support for candidates & reform ballot issues
Political associates should have a demonstrated interest in politics, preferably with an academic background in political science, government, legal studies, history, or another related major. Experience working for political campaigns is also heavily weighed.
- Coordinate our Unite Leader program and empower new volunteers to join our movement
- Train volunteers to canvass and make phone calls
- Encourage movement supporters to engage as founding members and volunteers
Grassroots associates should have experience coordinating and organizing large groups of people - preferably volunteers.
Web Development Associate
- Manage our backend website infrastructure
- Add, edit, and analyze performance of individual webpages
- Streamline backend processing of new supporters, volunteers, donors and candidates
Web development associates should have the technical skill set to allow them to learn and optimize backend systems and carry out data and technical projects independently.
Unite America seeks highly motivated college students to bring the independent movement to their University as Campus Directors. Unite America aims to strategically elect independent candidates to office who can break through political gridlock and serve as a voice for all those in the sensible center –– not as a traditional third party, but as America’s first Unparty.
Campus Directors help grow the Unite America movement by organizing supporters and volunteers at their college or university. College independents contribute to the national organization by recruiting independent candidates, phone banking, door-knocking and much more. Campus Directors are responsible for building the Unite America brand on campus and host events with community leaders and partners.
Campus Director positions will run the entire 2018 - 2019 school year and can be organized on any college or university campus. Some travel opportunities may arise. To apply, please submit a resume and short writing sample or cover letter as PDFs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the university you attend in the subject line.
Minimum Qualifications for all positions:
Creative and outside-the-box thinking
Willingness to inject new ideas, not just execute old ones
A strong desire to transform a broken political system
Essential responsibilities may include:
Promoting Unite America’s mission on campus // developing an online brand & presence
Recruiting supporters and volunteers who are invested in the movement
Hosting educational events and programs with campus and community leaders
Support national efforts to recruit independent candidates by phone banking, door knocking, & fundraising
Seek reforms to university governance and/or municipality laws