Bookkeeper & Office Manager (Full Time)
Unite America seeks a full-time Bookkeeper & Office Manager. The Bookkeeper is responsible for recording all financial transactions in our ledger, managing our accounts payables and receivables, and producing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for senior team members. Office management responsibilities include answering the phone, stocking supplies, greeting guests, administering software tools and more.
The ideal candidate is an experienced bookkeeper who has worked with both corporations and nonprofits, is detail oriented and is a trustworthy partner in managing a high volume of information.
The Bookkeeper and office manager will be based in Denver, Colorado or Washington, D.C. and will report to the Operations Director. This is a full-time role with full benefits and a starting salary beginning at $45,000; additional pay will be commensurate with experience.
- Classify each expense across multiple ledgers for different organizations in the Unite America movement
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of each bank account and provide reports to senior team members
- Maintain records of all receipts, make bank deposits, and operate petty cash fund
- Set up new employees, interns, vendors and consultants on the organization’s payroll system
- Assemble information for external partners, including auditors and campaign finance compliance consultants
- Issue invoices for all clients and donors and ensure incurred bills are paid on time
- Manage cash-flow for Unite America organizations, including monitoring debt levels and accounts payable
- Collaborate with the Operations Director to streamline budgeting, accounting and reporting procedures
- Provide clerical and administrative assistance to the Operations Director
- Communicate with supporters via email & phone, and serve as a point of contact at our office
- Coordinate travel, scheduling and meetings for senior staff
- Manage day-to-day office operations and activities, including ordering supplies
- Identify opportunities to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization
- Oversee the administration of a suite of software tools including Slack and Google Suite
- A strong desire to fix a broken political system and passion for our cause
- At least three years of accounting bookkeeping experience
- Experience administering payroll, collecting receivables, issuing invoices and reconciling bank accounts
- Track record of conceiving, building, and scaling operational procedures, policies and workstreams
- High standard of professionalism and personal integrity
- Associate’ Degree or higher; accounting or finance education backgrounds highly desired