Unite America seeks a full-time Development Director to take our fundraising operation to the next level.
ABOUT UNITE AMERICA
Unite America is a movement of Democrats, Republicans, and independents who are committed to bridging the growing partisan divide in order to achieve a more representative and functional government.
In February 2019, we announced a new initiative in partnership with a major philanthropist to build an unprecedented donor consortium and philanthropic investment fund to significantly scale and accelerate the democracy reform movement –– including supporting structural political reforms, pragmatic candidates in both parties’ primaries, and movement capacity-building.
As our Development Director, you will play the critical role of stewarding the lifeblood of our organization: funding to support our many activities. You engage a national network of political philanthropists and leaders to join us in our mission to accelerate and scale true non-partisan democracy reform in the United States.
The Development Director will report to the Executive Director. The position is based in Denver, CO, though exceptional candidates in New York, NY or Washington, DC may not be required to relocate. This is a full-time role with full benefits.
- Driving the strategy and operations to raise an eight-figure fund from a community of 100+ major donors.
- Working with our Executive Director to strategically leverage our growing network of stakeholders to advance the organization's mission
- Working with our Executive Director to identify, outreach and engage new stakeholders
- Coordinating with our Unite America Fund Managing Director to facilitate investment in custom fund portfolios
Donor Prospecting & Engagement
- Conducting prospective donor and stakeholder research and prepare briefings for the leadership team
- Managing follow-ups after meetings, such as introductions, invoices, and thank-you’s
- Developing and executing quarterly portfolios of defined opportunities
- Planning and execution of events, such as fundraisers, investor updates, and periodic investor gatherings
- Maintaining a stakeholder database, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date
Team-Building & Organization Support
- Hiring & managing at least one direct report, to support your work and build capacity in the development function
- Supporting the finance team’s invoicing and budget processes as necessary
- Tracking fundraising progress against the organization’s goals and objectives
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You have a background in political and/or non-profit fundraising with significant experience running a development program, including managing a donor pipeline end-to-end. You also have a strategic mindset and effectively prioritize tasks and allocate your time, are adept at holding relationships with high net worth individuals and other VIPs, and have a track record of being successful in a fast-paced and highly demanding startup environment.
- You have 5+ years relevant work experience, ideally in a political or non-profit capacity
- You have a demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize, and execute at a high level with keen attention to detail
- You feel energized working in an innovative, fast-paced environment with high expectations
- You have a very high standard of professionalism and personal integrity
- You have clean and clear communication in your writing and when speaking to colleagues, and a knack for interfacing with VIPs via email, phone, and in person
- You have experience working with CRMs and managing donor data
- You don’t mind traveling for work from time to time
- You’re excited to actively support & develop Unite America’s vibrant and inclusive culture, as the team grows and the organization gains traction