Unite America seeks a full-time Development Director. The Development Director is responsible for engaging a national network of political philanthropists to join us in our mission to accelerate and scale the non-partisan democracy reform movement.
ABOUT UNITE AMERICA
Unite America is a movement of Democrats, Republicans, and independents who are committed to bridging the growing partisan divide in order to achieve a more representative and functional government.
In February 2019, we announced a new initiative in partnership with a major philanthropist to build an unprecedented donor consortium and philanthropic investment fund to significantly scale and accelerate the democracy reform movement –– including supporting structural political reforms, pragmatic candidates in both parties’ primaries, and movement capacity-building.
The Development Director reports to the Executive Director. The position is based in Denver, CO, though exceptional candidates in New York, NY or Washington, DC may not be required to relocate. This is a full-time role with full benefits.
- Partner with the Executive Director to strategically leverage our network of stakeholders to advance the organization's mission
- Partner with the Executive Director to identify, outreach and engage new stakeholders
- Coordinate with the UA Fund Managing Director to facilitate investment in custom fund portfolios
Donor Prospecting & Engagement
- Design and execute regular UA Fund investor updates
- Conduct prospective donor and stakeholder research and prepare briefings for the leadership team
- Manage follow-ups after meetings, such as introductions, invoices, and thank-you’s
- Maintain a stakeholder database, ensuring all information is accurate and current
- Schedule stakeholder calls and meetings, arranging travel and logistics as necessary
- Support the planning and execution of events, such as fundraisers, investor updates, and periodic investor conferences
- Support the finance team’s invoicing and budget processes as necessary
- Track progress against the organization’s goals and objectives
- Manage a development team with at least one direct report
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate has a background in political and/or non-profit fundraising with significant experience running a development program, including managing a donor pipeline end-to-end. In addition, the candidate should possess a strategic mindset to effectively prioritize tasks and allocate time; have strong interpersonal skills to interface with VIPs; and be successful working in a fast-paced and highly demanding startup environment.
- 5+ years relevant experience, ideally in a political or non-profit capacity
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize, and execute at a high level with keen attention to detail
- Energized working in an innovative, fast-paced environment
- High standard of professionalism and personal integrity
- Superior written and verbal communication abilities with a knack for interfacing with VIPs via email, phone, and in person
- Willingness to respond to time-sensitive communications outside of normal working hours
- Proficiency working with CRMs and managing data
- Ability to travel from time to time
To apply, submit your application, cover letter, and resume here.