Unite America seeks a full-time Development Coordinator. The Development Coordinator will support the Development and Executive teams, with a strong emphasis on fundraising program maintenance and organizational project management.
ABOUT UNITE AMERICA
Unite America is a movement of Democrats, Republicans, and independents who are committed to bridging the growing partisan divide in order to achieve a more representative and functional government.
In February 2019, we announced a new initiative in partnership with a major philanthropist to build an unprecedented donor consortium and philanthropic investment fund to significantly scale and accelerate the democracy reform movement –– including supporting structural political reforms, pragmatic candidates in both parties’ primaries, and movement capacity-building.
This opportunity gives an enterprising, meticulous, and multifaceted individual the opportunity to work alongside a talented team of democracy reformers. A committed and high-performing Development Coordinator will have the chance to develop professionally and shape their career at Unite America.
They will report to the Chief of Staff and work closely with the VP, Development and Investor Relations. The position is based in Denver, CO. This is a full-time role with full benefits.
- Partner with VP, Development and Investor Relations to plan and execute creative, engaging, and effective donor community convenings and initiatives
- Maintain fundraising database, including updating donor information and reporting out on weekly, quarterly, and yearly progress towards organizational objectives
- Research prospective donor and stakeholder profiles to produce forecasts, briefings, and analysis for leadership
- Manage donor pipelines, including post-meeting follow-ups, introductions, invoices, and thank-you’s
- Manage the creation and production of fundraising collateral
- Manage Executive Director’s external schedule, including stakeholder meetings and travel logistics
- Support Chief of Staff to carry out internal and external projects as needed, including team culture events, professional development opportunities, and stakeholder events
- Carry out office administration to support team culture and create a welcoming, productive environment, including ordering and keeping an inventory of snacks and supplies, managing external correspondence, and supporting coordination of team programs
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You are a highly agile team player with the ability to effectively manage and execute a range of tasks across both the Development and Executive teams. You are supremely organized, communicative, and poised, especially in a fast-paced and demanding environment. In addition, you have a growth mindset and can effectively prioritize tasks and allocate time.
While we’d prefer you to have fundraising experience, we’re most impressed by a clear commitment to Unite America’s mission and ability to continuously learn new skills to achieve it.
- Desire to join Unite America’s mission to fix our broken politics
- 2+ years relevant work experience, ideally in a fundraising capacity
- Energized working in an innovative, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize, and execute at a high level with keen attention to detail
- High standard of professionalism and personal integrity
- Definitive talent for building relationships within a close-knit team
- Superior written and verbal communication abilities
- Clear knack for project management and continuous process improvement
- Experience working with donor data and CRMs preferred but not required
- Unrelenting curiosity and desire to learn a range of skills