Deputy Political Director
Unite America seeks a Deputy Political Director. The Deputy Political Director is responsible for supporting the execution of the organization’s political and electoral strategy, primarily focused on independent expenditures. This position offers the chance to innovate in the national political arena. The Deputy Political Director will bring accountability to all sides in our political system by supporting candidates that put country over party.
ABOUT UNITE AMERICA
Unite America is a movement of Democrats, Republicans, and independents who are committed to bridging the growing partisan divide in order to achieve a more representative and functional government.
The Deputy Political Director will primarily be tasked with overseeing independent expenditure efforts in state legislative and Congressional races. With minimal oversight, the Deputy Political Director will independently manage and win political races on the soft side; complete reliable independent viability analysis of political races at all levels; and be successful working in a fast-paced, innovative political environment.
The Deputy Political Director will be based in Denver, Colorado and report to the National Political Director. This is a full-time role with full benefits.
- Develop, refine, and iterate the organization’s independent expenditure program
- Establish, support, and grow state organizations and candidate programs
- Manage candidate recruitment, training and support programs, including independent expenditure campaigns
- Complete viability analysis of political races and candidates at all levels
- Build and maintain strong relationships with organizational allies around political electoral strategy.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate is an experienced, mission-aligned political operative comfortable working in both Democratic and Republican primaries. The candidate should have proven experience overseeing substantial independent spending and a record of victory. In addition, he or she should be a diligent, dynamic self-starter who can proactively identify and address challenges and opportunities.
- A strong desire to fix a broken political system and passion for our cause
- At least two cycles of experience managing independent expenditures
- Track record of conceiving, building, and scaling effective programs
- Experience building political coalitions around races
- Experience designing, drafting and analyzing political surveys
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and execute at a high level
- High standard of professionalism and personal integrity
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and highly demanding startup environment
- Willingness to travel
To apply, submit your application, cover letter, and resume here.