Colorado State Director
Unite America seeks a Colorado State Director to support the execution of the organization’s electoral and legislative strategy in Colorado. This position offers a unique opportunity to innovate in Colorado politics and bridge the growing partisan divide by supporting both Democratic and Republican candidates who put people over party.
ABOUT UNITE AMERICA
Unite America is a movement of Democrats, Republicans, and independents who are committed to bridging the growing partisan divide in order to achieve a more representative and functional government.
The Colorado State Director will primarily be tasked with overseeing all aspects of the Colorado state program. This role will conduct viability analysis of Colorado state legislative races and engage in candidate recruiting, vetting, and selection. They will engage with the selected candidates, providing guidance and building a relationship during the election. Once elected, the Colorado State Director will engage with legislators and support the formation and operation of a bipartisan legislative caucus.
The Colorado State Director will be based in Denver, Colorado and report to the National Political Director. This is a full-time role with full benefits.
- Conduct viability analysis of Colorado political races
- Manage candidate recruitment, training and support programs
- Develop, refine, and iterate the organization’s plan for a bipartisan legislative caucus in Colorado
- Build and maintain strong relationships with organizational allies around electoral and legislative strategy
- Develop and execute a strategy for passing electoral reform in Colorado
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate is a mission-aligned political operative with a record of victory in Colorado comfortable working in both Democratic and Republican primaries. The candidate should have extensive political ties on both sides of the aisle in Colorado and deep political knowledge of the entire state. The candidate should have experience working with legislators once elected and a record of successfully advancing legislation in Colorado.
The candidate should have proven experience overseeing multiple legislative races and can be successful working in a fast-paced and intensive political environment. In addition, he or she should be a diligent, dynamic self-starter who can proactively identify and address challenges and opportunities.
- A strong desire to fix a broken political system and passion for our cause
- At least two cycles of experience working in Colorado
- Track record of conceiving, building, and scaling effective programs
- Experience building political coalitions around races
- Experience mentoring and training candidates
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and execute at a high level
- High standard of professionalism and personal integrity
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and highly demanding startup environment
To apply, submit your application, cover letter, and resume here.