Arizona State Director
Unite America seeks an Arizona State Director to support the execution of the organization’s electoral and legislative strategy in Arizona. This position offers a unique opportunity to innovate in Arizona’s politics and bridge the growing partisan divide by supporting both Democratic and Republican candidates who put people over party.
ABOUT UNITE AMERICA
Unite America is a movement of Democrats, Republicans, and independents who are committed to bridging the growing partisan divide in order to achieve a more representative and functional government.
The Arizona State Director will primarily be tasked with overseeing all aspects of the Arizona state program. This role will conduct viability analysis of Arizona state legislative races and engage in candidate recruiting, vetting, and selection. They will engage with the selected candidates, providing guidance and building a relationship during the election. Once elected, the Arizona State Director will engage with legislators and support the formation and operation of a bipartisan legislative caucus.
The Arizona State Director will be based in Arizona and report to the National Political Director This is a remote, full-time position with full benefits.
- Conducting viability analysis of Arizona political races
- Managing candidate recruitment, training and support programs
- Developing, refining, and iterating the organization’s plan for a bipartisan legislative caucus in Arizona
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with organizational allies around electoral and legislative strategy
- Developing and executing a strategy for passing electoral reform in Arizona
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You are a mission-aligned political operative with a record of victory in Arizona who can work comfortably in both Democratic and Republican primaries. You have extensive political ties on both sides of the aisle in Arizona and deep political knowledge of the entire state. You have experience working with elected legislators and a record of successfully advancing legislation in Arizona.
You have proven experience overseeing multiple legislative races and would be successful working in a fast-paced and intensive political environment. In addition, you are a diligent, dynamic self-starter who can proactively identify and address challenges and opportunities.
- You have a strong desire to fix a broken political system and passion for our cause
- You have at least two cycles of experience working in Arizona
- You have a track record of conceiving, building, and scaling effective programs
- You are experienced in building successful political coalitions around races
- You are demonstrably effective at mentoring and training candidates
- You can multitask, prioritize, and execute at a high level
- You have a high standard of professionalism and personal integrity
- You are energized by a fast-paced, innovative environment with high expectations